Sometimes I Get Ahead Of Myself
Last Sunday I was walking through the living room of my parents house when I noticed something out of place. It’s not even mid-August and my mom has decided to bust out the pumpkin decor. (This ‘getting ahead of myself thing’, its hereditary.) Instead of complaining about it, I’ve decided to come up with a list of all the things I love about fall. It’s my favorite. Well…Fall and Christmas. And my birthday. More on those later…right now, fall:
1. Mitten weather. Does anybody remember Allegra’s Window? They had a great song about mitten weather.
2. Back to school time! Even though I’m not a teacher anymore, I still love this time of year. ” I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” Bonus points if you can name that movie!
3. Football! Not because I like to watch the game as much, I just like to eat chili with a bunch of people who are watching the game and will sometimes chat with me during commercials. I do, however, love watching Aaron Rodgers.
4. Pumpkin flavored everything. Do I really need to elaborate on this one?
5. Halloween. I have the best idea for a Halloween costume this year. I also want to go to Salem in October. Last year I got to watch Hocus Pocus in the park that it was filmed in! I called my brother and told him it was one of the top 10 moments of my life. He thought I was joking. I wasn’t. If I had hot cocoa, it would have made the top 5.
Anybody else looking forward to fall?